We at Remove Asbestos Canada are the answer to homeowners or business owners search for a reputable company that can effectively carry out asbestos removal in Canada. Our team of highly-skilled specialists has been working in the industry for many years, so they know exactly what to do to ensure your home or workplace is safe and healthy. We have been in the business for more than twenty-five years which is a testament to our excellent service.
What are the Signs that My Home Need Asbestos Removal?
Unless you have your home inspected or received information from past owners, you may not be aware that your house contains asbestos. It is important to note, however, that the following signs may tell you that your home needs asbestos removal ASAP:
- Your house is very old. There is a great chance that your home contains asbestos if it has been constructed during or before the 1980s. While Canada banned the manufacture of materials with asbestos as early as 1979, these type of materials were still used in construction even in the 1990s
- Your house used to have 9-inch by 9-inch tiles on the floor. If upon inspection you notice that your home flooring has an outline of a 9x9 inch pattern of old tile flooring, then there is a chance that your home contains asbestos. Majority of the vinyl floor tiles that were manufactured in this size contains asbestos.
- Your plumbing system has white or gray insulation remnants. If your pipes that are not insulated are covered with whitish or grayish-colored fragments, particularly around the fittings, then it is an indication of possible asbestos contamination.
Can I Do Asbestos Removal Myself?
No. Apart from being prohibited, it is extremely dangerous for someone inexperienced like you to carry out asbestos removal. Federal and provincial regulations for carrying out this type of work require that you adhere to stringent stipulations. These conditions essentially mean that only qualified professionals with skills and experience and the right tools and equipment can do the asbestos removal.
Even if you are not prohibited by the government, it is not advisable to carry out asbestos removal yourself for the following reasons:
- Exposure to asbestos can make you susceptible to acquiring mesothelioma, an aggressive cancer that impacts the heart, lungs, and abdomen.
- Exposure to asbestos can increase your risk of suffering from lung cancer.
- It requires highly specialized skills and technical knowledge to carry out effectively.
- It requires the use of power tools and specialized equipment (that you do not have) to ensure that the asbestos fiber will not be released in the air.
- You can cause harm to your neighbors as they can also be exposed to asbestos due to your inexperienced handling.
If you are worried that asbestos is present in your vintage house or old building, rely on us at Remove Asbestos Canada to remove it for you. There are many companies who offer asbestos removal in Canada but not all of them can boast of more than two decades of skills and experience. Get in touch with us today so you can learn more about our services.Asbestos Removal Canada